Selamat mencoba menjawab ….
1. In the treatment of constipation, which one of the following statements is TRUE?
A Bulk forming laxatives usually act within 24 hours.
B Senna tablets should be avoided in nursing mothers.
C Fybogel is not suitable for a patient with coeliac disease.
D Lactulose cannot be taken by children.
2. What is the volume of mannitol 20% injection that would correspond to a dose of 0.5 g/kg for a patient weighing 70 kg?
A 0.93 mL
B 1.75 mL
C 92.3 mL
D 100 mL
E 175 mL
3. XYZ, an adult patient with a history of asthma, was previously well controlled with 100 mcg twice daily of beclomethasone and 200 mcg of salbutamol (as needed), both drugs administered via metered-dose inhalers (MDI). In the last month, he has had two acute asthma attacks. Which of the following is the most appropriate approach to optimising XYZ’s therapy?
A Increase the dose of beclomethasone to 400 mcg twice daily.
B Change the dose of salbutamol to 100 mcg 4 times daily.
C Add oral prednisolone 5 mg once daily.
D Add MDI ipratropium 40 mcg 3 times daily.
E Add oral theophylline (sustained-release) 125 mg twice daily.
4. A man approaches you claiming to be a relative of the patient you had just counselled several minutes ago. He wishes to know more about the medical condition of the patient. What would be your most appropriate response?
A Provide him the information.
B Ascertain that the man’s relationship to the patient is genuine and provide him the information.
C Provide only information pertaining to the patient’s medications.
D Ascertain that the man’s relationship to the patient is genuine and provide only information pertaining to the medications.
E Decline to answer any of his questions but advise that he check with the patient personally.
5. Which of the following statements regarding adverse drug reaction (ADR) reporting is TRUE?
A All suspected reactions involving a newly launched drug, including minor ones, should be reported.
B Only ADRs involving specific patient subgroups (e.g., pregnancy and lactation, cases of drug abuse) need to be reported.
C For established or well-known drugs, all expected ADRs should be reported.
D An ADR arising from an overdose or medication error should not be reported to Health Sciences Authority.
E There is no need to make an ADR report if the incidence of a given reaction has been observed to be rising.
6. How long should women of child bearing age take precautions against getting pregnant after stopping mefloquine?
A 1 month
B 2 months
C 3 months
D 4 months
E 5 months
7. Which of the following statement(s) is/are true about macrolides?
I Macrolides can be bacteriostatic or bactericidal, depending on the concentration and micro organism.
II Macrolides work through inhibition of bacterial protein synthesis.
III Macrolides are not effective against mycoplasma infections.
IV Azithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic.
A I and II
B II and III
C I, II and III
D I, II and IV
E All of the above
8. Which of the following anti-diabetic drugs is effective in lowering insulin resistance?
E None of the above
9. Atopic dermatitis can be defined as itchy skin plus
I history of dry skin within the past year
II flexural eczema
III personal history of other atopic diseases
A I, II and III
B I and II
C II and III
D I only
E III only
10. The anticoagulant effect of warfarin could be increased by co-administration of
Jawaban: 1.C 2.E 3.A 4.E 5.A 6.C 7.D 8.B 9.A 10.B
Sarmoko 7. I, II, IV benar. Makrolida meliputi eritromisin, roksitromisin, azitromisin dan klaritromisin. Obat ini beraksi dengan cara mencegah sintesis protein bakteri. Makrolida bersifat bakteriostatik atau bakterisidal, tergantung pada konsentrasi obat yang diberikan. (Erythromycin inhibits protein synthesis by binding irreversibly to the bacterial 50S ribosomal subunit. It inhibits aminoacyl translocation and the formation of initiation complexes. It is usually bacteriostatic, but at higher concentrations can be bactericidal). Unlike penicillin, macrolides have been shown to be effective against Legionella pneumophila, mycoplasma, mycobacteria, some rickettsia, and chlamydia.
Pangestu Cendra Natha 8. Metformin
dari option yg tersedia yang termasuk insulin sensitizers hanya metformin. Glipizide meningkatkan produksi insulin, Actrapid itu insulin, Acarbose suatu glukosidase inhibitor jadi mencegah pemecahan (dan penyerapan) karbohidrat.
9. Flexural eczema (eczema pada lipatan yang terbentuk pada sendi yang sedang flexi) seperti antecubital fossa (lipatan dibelakang siku) dan popliteal fossa (lipatan di belakang lutut) memang ciri khas atopic dermatitis.
Riwayat penyakit atopi seperti astma dan hay fever juga masuk ke kriteria diagnosis.
Ga yakin untuk dry skin, soalnya kalo ada pasien dengan gatal2 dan dry skin belum tentu saya diagnosis dengan atopic dermatitis.
Ciprofloxacin menghambat enzim sitokrom P450, sedangkan warfarin di metabolisme di sitokrom P450, sehingga ciprofloxacin dapat meningkatkan konsentrasi warfarin dalam darah (dengan cara menghambat metabolismenya)